19. September 2011 18:57
From the time the first RVs rolled out of our doors in 1959, Winnebago Industries has pioneered hundreds of industry firsts that have enhanced the lives of RVers. Here are just a few:
- Thermo-Panel - sophisticated coach wall construction method.
- OnePlace - combines frequently used system monitors and controls in one central location.
- TrueLevel - advanced, highly accurate holding tank monitoring system.
- RV Radio - the first integrated in-dash audio system expressly designed for ease of use by RVers.
- Maxum Chassis - developed with Freightliner, this "lowered-rail" chassis offers enhanced ride and cavernous exterior storage.
- View and Navion - the first Class C motor homes built on the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis.
- Via and Reyo - the first Class A motor homes built on the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis.
- Extendable Sectional Sofa - provides comfortable seating for up to seven, instantly!
- BIG Shower - a 36" x 36" shower that lives up to its name.
- StudioLoft - a large drop-down bed that converts the cab into an additional bedroom.
- BenchMark Dinette - residential comfort (thanks to true innerspring seat construction), accessible storage and additional sleeping space in one attractive dinette.
- BenchMark Extendable Dinette - lets you change seating from four to six, provides extra storage, and even converts to an additional sleeping space.
16. August 2011 01:44
People who love motor homes tend to love the outdoors as well. Like them, we want to preserve the earth for future generations to enjoy.
In fact, a vacation in a Winnebago Industries motor home is a greener alternative to other common types of vacations.
According to the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, RV vacations have lower carbon emissions and less of an adverse environmental impact than flying, renting a car and staying in a hotel or motel.
Advanced materials, advanced engine technology and advanced aerodynamic designs have all helped today's motor homes break new ground in energy efficiency - a number of our models are more fuel-efficient than many SUVs.
10. August 2011 18:24
The first key to a great motor home experience is finding the right floorplan. Winnebago Industries offers floorplans that range from ultra-efficient 24-foot compact coaches to 42-foot super-luxurious, double-bath diesel pushers - and everything in between.
They consistently deliver many of the most innovative floorplans on the market - like the 42QD - found on the Winnebago Tour and Itasca Ellipse. This premium floorplan offers unprecedented features, including large slideouts, our extendable sectional sofa, a half-bath mid-coach and a private master bathroom with an incredibly spacious shower.
So visit our New RVs page by following the navigational tabs above to learn about all of the great 2012 floorplans that Winnebago Industries has to offer!