- Q. Are there any special driving requirements for renting an RV from Lichtsinn RV?
A. A special drivers license or CDL is NOT required! The renter (customer) must possess a valid driver's license, be at least 25 years of age, and have no major violations on their record. Any additional drivers must also be at least 25 years of age and present on the scheduled departure date with their valid driver's license.
- Q. Where can I drive the rentals?
A. Pretty much anywhere, but remember our rental vehicles may only be used in the continental US, Canada, and Alaska.
- Q. How will I know how to operate all the appliances and electronics that an RV comes with?
A. ALL first time renters are encouraged to view our instructional videos available online or on DVD. A brief walkaround is also provided upon check out. Finally, all books and manuals are present in the RV.
- Q. Is a down payment or security deposit required?
A. A deposit is required at reservation ($600 for motorhomes, $300 for travel trailers) and is applied to your final rental bill. Cash is not accepted. Any major credit card, however, is accepted.
- Q. Do I have to provide my own insurance?
A. We provide the insurance for travel trailer rentals. On motorhome rentals, all renters must provide insurance and can do so by:
1. Providing an insurance binder through their auto/personal carrier or
2. Purchase RV rental insurance through our insurance carrier, online at Mbachoice.com, for a nominal fee. See rental consultant for RV rental policy number and series number.
- Q. What is your cancellation policy?
A. If the reservation is cancelled 45 days or more before the scheduled departure date, the entire $600 deposit is refunded, less a $45 administrative fee. If the reservation is cancelled within 45 days of the departure date no refund can be granted.
- Q. What cleaning options do I have when I return the RV?
A. We can help! Either you clean the vehicle inside and out and dump the waste tanks (vehicle returns in the same condition it was in at pick-up) or we can clean and dump the RV for a fee.
- Q. Do you charge for mileage and if so how much?
A. 100 miles per day are included free. After that the fee is $0.35 per mile.
- Q. Can I smoke in the RV?
A. Smoking is NOT allowed in our rental motorhomes.
- Q. Can we bring pets along?
A. Absolutely! Pets are allowed in the rental units with a $10 per day cleaning fee.
- Q. Do you allow towing with your rental motorhomes?
A. Towing is not allowed with our class C motorhomes.
- Q. Since there is a built-in ladder on the back of the RV can we use the roof to transport our luggage?
A. Ladders on rental units are for use by Lichtsinn RV technicians only. Customers are responsible for any roof damage.
- Q. What happens if I receive a traffic ticket or parking citation while operating one of your rental motorhomes?
A. Customers are responsible for reporting and payment of all parking / traffic violations at rental termination. Non-reporting of parking / traffic violations breaches the Rental Contract.
- Q. What can I expect for fuel economy?
A. Obviously there are many contributing factors which determine the gas mileage you will get, however a good rule of thumb is to expect 8-10 MPG.
- Q. Do any of the motorhomes you rent come with generators?
A. All of the motorhomes we rent are equipped with generators.
- Q. What is your return policy?
A. Rental units must be returned by 3:00 pm on their scheduled return date. Additional days may also be leased. There are no refunds or credits on early returns.
- Q. What happens with fuel and LP?
A. Your RV will be full of fuel and LP upon departure. The RV must be returned full of fuel. The LP is included in your rental fee rate.
- Q. What is the sales tax?
A. Iowa sales tax of 7% as well as Iowa rental tax of 5% are due upon check-in on your final bill.
- Q. Is pickup and delivery available?
A. Yes! We can pickup and deliver the RV at your destination for a fee.