The Class B Winnebago Travato has been at the forefront of the #vanlife revolution since its launch. The all-new RAM Promaster Chassis that the 2023 Travato sits upon, provides significant improvements to powertrain, safety and cab conveniences. The powerful, fuel-efficient, and safety enhanced RAM ProMaster chassis is estimated to achieve 18 to 22 mpg highway. At only 21 feet long the Travato offers all the comforts of home in a nimble, efficient van!
The next generation 3.6 liter Pentastar V-6 Engine on the Travato is now paired to segment exclusive TorqueFlite 9-speed automatic transmission. This combination generates 280 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft of torque or power while improving fuel economy up to 9% when compared to the previous powertrain.
The unique transmission calibration in the Travato allows for improved vehicle launch characteristics with smooth transfer between gears to minimize engine howl and enhance fuel-efficiency. Shift Logic is adjusted according to grade steepness.
The class-exclusive front-wheel drive system allows the Ram ProMaster to achieve great traction in nearly all conditions even when loaded up to full Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity (OCCC.)
Hydraulic steering on previous model year Travato’s has been replaced by electric rack-and-pinion power steering. This allows for variable steering assistance and can even improve fuel economy. A new electric rack-and-pinion power steering system has been calibrated to deliver a natural steering feel and allows for variable amounts of steering assistance to be applied. The electric power steering system features a turning diameter of 36.3’ turning diameter so you can easily handle tight curves while navigating crowded streets. See additional safety and cab convenience features found in the 2023 Winnebago Travato below:
2023 WINNEBAGO TRAVATO SAFETY FEATURES:
- Electronic Park Brake – The brake is easy-to-use and keeps the RV in place when needed. The brake automatically disengages when you shift the van into drive or reverse. It will automatically apply if you happen to exit the Travato while the vehicle is not in park.
- Forward Collision Warning Plus – This feature protects you and others around you by sending audible and visual alerts to the cab when there’s a potential obstacle or hazard in front of the van. It also includes Pedestrian/Cyclist Emergency Braking.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Cross Path Detection – This feature is designed to help you avoid accidents on the road and when backing up. When a vehicle enters the Travato’s blind spot zones, you are warned with a visual alert that helps you adjust your position accordingly.
- Digital Rearview Mirror – This mirror displays video in real time in driving modes from the rear-facing camera and can be turned off to revert back to the traditional reflective mirror. The digital rearview mirror provides an obstructed rear view to enhance safety.
- ParkView Rear Back Up Camera – This feature includes dynamic grid lines that help guide you out of a busy area by outlining the van’s potential path. The grid lines adjust for accuracy as the steering wheels turns. When parking in tight spots ParkSense front and Rear Park Assist provides visual and audible indications when you get too close to a potential obstacle (like another vehicle.)
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers – The Travato is ready for rain the instant it falls with water detection sensors on the windshield. When the sensors detect water on the glass the windshield wipers are activated and the speed of the wipers is adjusted to the amount of moisture on the windshield.
- Drowsy Driver Detection -The feature detects when you are getting drowsy and provides you an alert to help to prevent accidents.
- Traffic Sign Recognition – This feature “sees” the road signs and displays them for the driver.
- Multi-Collision and Post Collision Braking – This system applies the brakes to prevent or mitigate a subsequent impact when the Travato has been involved in a collision.
- Electronic Stability Control – This feature helps to brake individual wheels to assist you in maintaining control of the van in critical driving situations.
- Crosswind Assist – This feature helps to control the steering to correct for high crosswind situations.
- Electronic Roll Mitigation – This system anticipates the potential for a wheel lift when making a tight turn or when you otherwise begin to lose control of the van and automatically reduces the engine power and applies the brakes as needed.
- Trailer Sway Damping – This system uses sensors to recognize an excessively swaying trailer and will take the appropriate actions to attempt to stop the sway.
- All-Speed Traction Control – This feature enhances mobility and prevents wheel slippage when accelerating on road surfaces.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display – This system uses sensors to continuously monitor pressure you your Travatos tires and warns you with a tire pressure warning when tire pressure is dangerously low.
- Intelligent Speed Assist – This feature is designed to aid your speed control and detects the current speed limit.
- Automatic High Beams – Automatic high beams sense when other vehicles are detected and adjusts your high beams to prevent them from impairing the vision of the oncoming driver.
- Corner Function Fog Lamps – These fog lamps provide additional illumination when cornering. When the steering wheel is turned the front fog light lights the area you’re turning into so you can get a better view of any potential hazards ahead.
2023 WINNEBATO TRAVATO CAB CONVENIENCES:
- The Uconnect 5 Multimedia System – This system is five times faster than the system it replaces, featuring Wi-Fi capability and up to five individual user profiles. A TFT 10” reconfigurable touchscreen display is available featuring split-screen capability for dual application operation. Seamless smartphone integration is available with Wireless Android Auto, and Apple CarPlay, and so is a wireless charging pad complemented by two USB Type C ports. The Ram ProMaster features two USB outlets (one fully functional, one charge-only) plus standard dual USB Type C ports that allow devices to charge up to four times faster. [SiriusXM continues as a standard feature with a free trial subscription.]
- Driver Information Display – The new ProMaster features a 7” full color driver information display in the instrument cluster where the fuel gauge and digital coolant temperature display are strategically placed for easy reference. The driving display is customizable to showcase preset information of your choice. Available menus include speedometer, vehicle information, fuel economy, trip information, audio and stored messages, screen setup and settings, and turn-by-turn navigation. You’ll find useful details here including available traffic signs and oil change information that can help you optimize your driving experience.
- Push-Button Start
- Passive Keyless Entry – Passive keyless entry is active for all doors
- Steering Wheel – The new leather wrapped steering wheel includes enhanced hand grips. The steering wheel also includes electronic system control capability for the shifter, air vents and incorporated redundant air conditioning controls.
The Winnebago Travato built on the all-new RAM ProMaster Chassis has the most safety and security features offered on a RAM ProMaster Chassis. Call a Lichtsinn RV Sales Consultant today to find out more about the safety and convenience features found on the 2023 Winnebago Travato.
Experience the Best® at Lichtsinn RV, where we have been awarded by Winnebago Industries as the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America each year since 2015. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of Winnebago Industries in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.
Additional Posts You May Like: