The Winnebago Revel opened up a new world of RVing possibilities with its launch in October 2017. The Revel is the first of its kind, a true 4×4 RV designed for outdoor enthusiasts taking a no-nonsense approach to adventure with straightforward design and function-forward features. There are several reasons why the Winnebago Revel is a great RV, read our top five below.
- True, Off-Road RV – If you are looking for a vehicle that can take you off the beaten path and away from the traditional campground the Revel is the perfect vehicle for you! The Revel is built on the 4×4 Mercedes-Benz with a 3.0L V6 turbo-charged diesel engine, with adaptive ESP. The adaptive ESP selectively brakes individual wheels, providing increased traction, enhanced directional stability, and road adhesion in rougher terrain. The optional stylized wheels and BFGoodrich T/A K02 all-terrain tires have tougher sidewalls, a long treadlife and aggressive all-terrain traction providing a solid grip for traveling off-the-beaten path.
- Room to Bring all your Gear – The Revel was designed for the outdoor enthusiast who have several hobbies that require a lot of flexible storage solutions. The power lift bed with gear garage is a key storage spot in the Revel, providing 140 cu. ft. of storage space. The all-in-one gear closet and wet bath provides a spot for wet storage and includes three bamboo removable shelves, a removable clothes rod, and a bamboo shower mat.
- Four-Season Capabilities – The Revel is Winnebago’s first truly four-season capable RV. The Revel includes several features that enable RVs to enjoy extended season camping. The first, is the Revel’s additional insulation. Winnebago Industries has partnered up with the same component manufacturers that General Motors, Mercedes-Benz and The Ford Motor Company has used, using Automotive Grade Foam Insulation. This insulation has an R-rating of 4.4 per sq. inch so it won’t settle as you are going off-road or off the grid. It also does not maintain odor and is built to provide the same R-value for the lifetime of the vehicle. This insulation meets automotive fire and safety standards. The insulation is engineered for noise reduction and thermal insulation and is not susceptible to moisture retention or mold. The second is the Espar diesel-fired hydronic heating system that provides continuous, unlimited hot water that will heat the coach, and the holding tanks to keep them from freezing.
- RV Off-the-Grid – If you are looking for a coach that will allow you to RV off-the-grid and away from the traditional campground the Revel is the perfect coach for you! The Revel comes with 3 deep-cycle AGM group 31 batteries that are rated for 315 amp hours of power. The Revel also comes standard with 200-watts of solar and a 2 kilowatt pure sine wave inverter to safely power your electronics. One of the most unique features in the Winnebago Revel is the diesel-fired hydronic heating system that we previously mentioned. This system enables the Revel to be powered by a single fuel source – diesel fuel.
- Winnebago’s Superior Experience Manufacturing RVs – Winnebago has been building RVs for over 60 years and can manufacture better-fitting, molded parts that DIYers or one-off chassis upfitters are not able to. The Revel is also supported by Winnebago’s dealer network which allows customers to qualify for long-term, low-interest financing through a RV loan. It is more difficult and often more expensive to secure financing to purchase a van from a DIYer or van body upfitter rather than an RV dealer.
Those are our five reasons why the Winnebago Revel is a great RV. Click here to see our Revel Revealed page for videos, blog posts, gear, and more specifically for the Winnebago Revel.
Lichtsinn RV, America’s closest dealer to Winnebago Industries, has been named Top North American Winnebago Dealer by Winnebago Industries for the last four consecutive years. We proudly sell New RVs manufactured by Winnebago Industries as well as Used RVs. See our Winnebago Revel inventory here.
Posts you may like:
Top 14 Questions from the Revel Webcast
The Winnebago Revel, a True 4×4 RV
Top 8 Revel Parts and Accessories