Choosing the Perfect RV for You
When it comes to freedom and flexibility motorhomes offer the ultimate experience. Ranging from the larger Class A motorhome to the compact Class B camper vans, to the Class C, all motorhomes are RVs that take transportation and living quarters and roll them into one comfortable experience.
Class A Motorhome –
A Class A Motorhome is like a large luxury bus for you to call your very own. The largest of RV motorhomes, they are constructed on a specially designed chassis and powered by either gas or diesel engines. Many Class A motorhomes have multiple slide-out sections that open up the living and/or sleeping space and come equipped with features to make you feel at home like full kitchens, full bathrooms, entertainment centers and centrally controlled heating and air conditioning. Class A motorhomes have a semi-truck style windshield and a higher profile ranging from 12′ to 13’3″ in height.
Quick Facts –
- Cost – $168,000 – $415,000 (Base Price)
- Sleeping – Up to 8 People (Dependent on floorplan)
- Length – 35’ – 40’
Why Choose This Type of RV?
The Class A motorhome is perfect for long-term family road trippers. From an easy to maintain entry level Class A, to luxury Class A coaches, there are plenty of options with this RV type. 4 to 5 people can sleep comfortably in these models and can stretch out like they’re in the family room of a house. The Class A contains all the amenities that make you feel at home including a large refrigerator and freezer, ample storage space, and often even an outside entertainment or tailgate center. To further your comfort while traveling many Class A models may have the option to add a washer/dryer, an in-drawer dishwasher, fireplace and more.
Features of this RV –
- Spacious and well equipped: Even the basic models are well-appointed and roomy. Many have additional living space outdoors that may include an exterior entertainment center or exterior tailgate/kitchen area.
- Slide-out rooms: Most all Class A RVs include a one or more slide-out rooms that extend the RV’s exterior wall outward at the touch of a button, to enlarge the living, dining, kitchen area and/or sleeping area.
- Smooth and stable ride: No special license is required to drive a Class A Motorhome.
- A small vehicle can be towed: Class A RVs allow you the ability to bring your car along for daytrips once the motorhome is parked. You can also tow a trailer to carry your boat or golf cart.
Winnebago Class A Motorhomes include the gas powered Winnebago Adventurer and the Winnebago Vista and Sunstar. Winnebago Class A Diesel Motorhomes include the Winnebago Journey and the Winnebago Forza.
Class C Motorhomes
With its distinctive cab-over bunk, the Class C motorhome can be easily taken on many RV adventures and owners often say it is easy to drive with it’s van-like front windshield. Class C Motorhomes look like nothing else on the market and are built on a commercial cut-away van chassis. The Class C RVs have all the amenities of a Class A motorhome but in a smaller package. Class C RVs are available on both gas and diesel chassis. The Class C profile is lower than the class A counterparts, with an exterior height ranging from 10’6″ to 11′.
Quick Facts –
- Cost – $116,000 – 180,000 (Base Price)
- Sleeping – Up to 8 People (Dependent on Floorplan)
- Length – 23’ to 33′
Why Choose this Type of RV?
With a truck-like profile, the Class C is perfect for both a family or a large group to spread out on road trips for long-term traveling. Gas or diesel models are available, and they can typically sleep 4-8 people comfortably.
Features of this RV –
- Ample living space: Equipped with full sleeping, kitchen, dining and bathroom facilities as well as entertainment systems and plenty of storage.
- Extra sleeping bunk: Over the cab area can be used as a sleeping area or for additional storage.
- A small vehicle can be towed: You can tow a trailer behind your Class C for a boat, ATV, snowmobile or for any other gear or tow a small family car.
- Slide-out Rooms: Offers extra room for living or sleeping areas by moving the RV’s exterior wall outward at the push of a button. This will allow for additional RV width so you can move more freely and easily around the coach.
Class B Motorhomes
Also called camper vans or conversion vans, Class B motorhomes are an engineering marvel! Kitchens, wet baths with toilets and showers included and sleeping up to four people; all in a slightly stretched full-size van with a raised roof. A Class B Motorhome is easy to drive, fits in a standard parking space, is easy on fuel with gas mileage ranging from 16-22 MPG dependent on model, and can be used as a second vehicle. Class B Camper Van RVs are available in gas and diesel chassis. They are just 9′-10′ in height, so a much lower profile than the Class A or Class C RVs.
Quick Facts –
- Cost – $100,000 – $226,000 (Base Price)
- Sleeping – Up to 4 People (Dependent on Floorplan)
- Length – 18’ to 24’
Why Choose this RV –
The Class B motorhome is easy to pack and drives just like a large van. However, this isn’t your normal van. A Class B Camper Van includes a kitchen, typically a wet bath with toilet and shower and a sleeping area. With an elevated roof, the Class B fits everything you need in a small package. These Camper Vans sleeps up to 4 people comfortably and are perfect for the spontaneous adventurer in the great outdoors or the city. Many Class B’s are equipped to go off-road and off-grid and provide for an extended camping season, some even allow for 4-season camping.
- Easy to drive, easy to load: Small size means these RVs are easy to move around town, and can fit in regular parking spots.
- All conveniences of home: Sleeping, dining and cooking facilities.
- Useful for towing: Tow a boat, a snowmobile, a small family car or even a camping trailer with your Class B Camper Van.
- Full stand-up room: Thanks to the raised roof and sometimes…dropped floors.
- Fully winterized versions: Includes a higher BTU furnace, heated tanks, upgraded insulation and double-glazed windows for winter adventures.
Contact a Lichtsinn RV Sales consultant today to help you find the perfect RV for your needs!
Experience the Best® at Lichtsinn RV, the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America for the last six consecutive years. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of Winnebago Industries in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.
Posts You May Like: