Properly preparing your vehicle for storage will lessen the possibility of damage to your vehicle and ensure you are ready to hit the road when warm weather returns. Prepare your motor home for vacancy just as you would if you were leaving your house for an extended period of time.
Watch our video that covers the proper procedure to winterize a Winnebago Lithium Travato here.
An Overview of RV Winterization Includes:
- Dumping the Tanks
- Winterize the Plumbing System including: adding antifreeze to each sink trap, toilet, tub and shower drain.
- Drain the Water Heater
- Circulate the air keeping one or more roof vents partially open so air can circulate.
- Dry the air if humid with a dehumidifier or other air drying product.
- Preserve the Batteries – charge, disconnect and then remove.
- Ensure your Tires are properly inflated and park on dry surface if possible.
- Wash RV Exterior and inspect the exterior for any areas that might need to be sealed.
- Ensure to keep the fuel fresh.
- Cover the openings of the water heater and refrigerator compartments with RV screens to keep out pests.
If winterizing your own RV seems like a daunting task, or you have some questions once you begin, Lichtsinn RV’s service department can do it for you! We offer winterization services and more by our RVDA/RVIA certified and factory trained technicians. Please call our RV service department at 641-585-3213 for more information.
Experience the Best℠ at Lichtsinn RV, the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America for the last five consecutive years. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of Winnebago Industries in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.
Posts You May Like: