For 2021, the Winnebago Minnie Winnie and Spirit feature the new Ford 7.3-litre dual valve, free breathing V8. This is the premium rated engine calibration and not the optional downgraded economy 7.3 litre V8 used by other competing manufacturers offering 10% less power. This new V8 engine is 30 lbs. lighter and 20% smaller than previous V-10s, and will offer better fuel economy while still providing plenty of power with a 468 lb. ft. of torque or power, 350 horsepower, and a TorqShift six speed automatic transmission with grade braking capability. This configuration allows the coach to operate at lower RPMs while maintaining set speeds, offering better fuel economy. Neutral idle allows for lower RPMs and better fuel economy while the Twin I beam front suspension for a solid foundation and weight dispersion.
The new 2021 Ford V8 chassis also now provides for the following new safety enhancements:
- Adaptive Cruise Control employs both radar and camera technology to set a cruise speed and distance from the vehicle in front of you, an especially helpful feature in slow traffic conditions. When traffic ahead slows, you automatically do as well; when it picks back up, you can resume your present speed and distance.
- Active distance alert maintains your distance to the vehicle ahead of you and adjusts itself based on the movement of the vehicle ahead
- Forward collision warning alerts you if it senses a potential collision, displays a flash in the instrument cluster and increases brake assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you brake.
- Lane departure warning uses a camera mounted behind the windshield to scan road lane markings and detects an unintended lane departure during the day or night. When activated this alerts you in the display and provides audible warning.
- Driver alert recognizes repeated lane departures as a sign of fatigue and issues visual and audio alerts that it’s time to pull over and take a break
- Automatic emergency braking provides an audio alert, displays in the instrument cluster, and precharges and increases brake assist sensitivity to provide full responsiveness when you do brake
- Post impact braking can potentially lessen the severity of a secondary collision by automatically applying moderate brake pressure when an initial collision event is detected
- Electronic stability control senses when you begin to lose traction and automatically applies selective braking to help prevent your vehicle from sliding and skidding
- Traction control applies selective braking to keep your wheels from excessively spinning and helps maintain traction
- Hill start assist activates the anti lock brakes for up to two seconds as you transition your foot from the brake to the accelerator
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Automatic headlamp activation and automatic high beam control
- Driver monitoring
- Remote keyless entry
- Airbag cutoff, passenger side
This new chassis is available in the Winnebago Minnie Winnie and Spirit floorplans.
Experience the Best℠ at Lichtsinn RV, the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America for the last five consecutive years. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of Winnebago Industries in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.