RVers increasingly are looking for technology that enables them to stay connected to family and friends, work remotely, or stream media. So, we created a step-by-step tutorial for finding the perfect option for you. See it here.
There are 2 main ways to access friends, family and the internet while on the road:
- Public or private accessible WiFi networks (RV parks, libraries, rest stops, Starbucks, etc.)
- Wireless service providers (cell phone networks – Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, etc.)
Below we will review the weboost Drive Reach RV Cell Signal Booster and the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 combined Cellular and WiFi Booster.
Cellular Signal Booster
RVing allows you to see the country, which often then comes with the price of poor cell phone reception due to distance from the nearest cell phone tower and objects, including your RV, that obstruct the signal. Using your cellular phone or a cellular hot spot to provide internet can be the most economic way to stay connected via the internet as you can use your existing data and you’re not tied down to a facility with internet. There are options for improving your cell signal so you can stay connected via voice or for using your data for internet connectivity, even when you’re in the middle of nowhere.
weboost Drive Reach RV Cell Signal Booster
The weBoost Drive Reach RV cell signal booster is our most powerful multi-user, in-vehicle cell signal booster for all RV classes. It’s designed to reach cell towers at distances up to 74% farther than the previoius weBoost Drive X RV.
With its omni-directional antenna, Drive Reach RV stops dropped calls while improving voice quality, data speeds, video streaming, and more whether you are at a campsite or on the road. It works in all classes of RV; Class A, Class B, Class C and all towables with all US Carrier networks. It is compatible with all phones and cellular devices and is 5G compatible as it simultaneously supports multiple users.
How the weBoost Drive Drive Reach RV Cell Signal Booster works:
- Outside Antenna – The Outside Antenna communicates back and forth with nearby cell towers.
- Boosts Signal – The booster amplifies any cell signal it receive from the Outside Antenna.
- Expands Signal – The Inside Antenna broadcasts these boosted signals for use throughout your RV.
Combined Cellular and WiFi Booster
As pricing of combined cellular voice and internet boosters have continued to drop, these boosters make it simple and affordable for improved voice and data coverage. The Winegard ConnecT 2.0 combines cellular and WiFi boosting and you can use your own existing wireless provider!
The Winegard ConnecT 2.0 captures available WiFi signals providing maximum security & mobile internet speed! Keep mobile devices, media players, and computers connected on the road. ConnecT 4G models link to nationwide 4G LTE for reliable, uninterrupted, in-motion and stationary coverage.
Winegard ConnecT 2.0-
$994.70 Parts and Installation
How Winegard ConnecT works:
- Winegard FreedomGo Data Plans – Always stay connected with prepaid 30-day data plans. No contract, no commitments, no activation fees! Data plans range from 1 GB to 20 GB.
- Cellular Data Carrier Options – The ConnecT 2.0 is compatible with Winegard, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile cellular Internet service providers. Swap SIM cards to add to new or existing data plans from other carriers. The ConnecT 2.0 comes ready for use out of the box, preinstalled with a unique Winegard SIM card. If you choose to use your own 4G LTE plan, easily swap out the existing SIM card with an approved SIM card supplied by your cellular provider.
- Increased WiFi Range – Winegard’s smart antenna technology intelligently manages signals through multiple pathways to ensure better range and performance. The ConnecT 2.0 roof-mounted mobile hotspot/WiFi booster allows you to access WiFi signals in your RV from farther away!
- Nationwide 4G LTE Coverage – Get Internet while on the go! No need to rely on WiFi – the ConnecT 2.0 links to nationwide 4G LTE for reliable, uninterrupted, in-motion and stationary coverage while traveling. Connect anywhere to 4G LTE service with a Winegard FreedomGO, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon data plan.
- High-Powered Mobile Internet Hotspot – More powerful than smartphone tethering, the ConnecT 2.0 provides a stronger and faster 4G LTE Internet connection. Easily connect your computers, gaming systems, smart TVs, and other smart home devices to secure WiFi in seconds.
- Secure RV Internet – Advanced WiFi protected access (WPA and WPA2-PSK), guest network access, double firewall protection (SPI and NAT), and Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention.
If you want to learn more about connectivity devices please contact our parts department at 641-585-3213.
Experience the Best® at Lichtsinn RV, we have been recognized as the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America each year since 2015 by Winnebago Industries. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of the Winnebago Motorhome Factory in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.
Additional Posts You May Like: