The Winnebago® Journey® is designed for luxury travel and entertaining. The fully loaded Journey features stylish, modern refinements from front to back. Built on the Freightliner Maxum II XCM Chassis with a 380-hp Cummins ISL 8.9L engine, the Journey’s three floorplans offer spacious bedrooms, massive storage and a comfortable ride.
At the core of the Winnebago Journey is the proprietary Winnebago SuperStructure. The Winnebago Journey is built with the Winnebago exclusive steel SuperStructure which surrounds the cab with a strong, durable support system delivering industry-leading safety and security. There are 6 key components to Winnebago’s quality construction found in the Winnebago Journey.
THE WINNEBAGO SUPERSTRUCTURE
1) Thermo-Panel Sidewalls – Layers of fiberglass and high-density block foam insulation with welded aluminum support structures create strong, durable, and lightweight sidewalls in the Journey.
2) Solid Framework – Structural extruded aluminum creates an extremely strong, solid frame for the Journey.
3) Embedded Steel – Metal substructures are embedded into the sidewall or the Journey to provide solid attachment points to keep cabinets and appliances mounted securely in place.
4) Interlocking Joints – Winnebago extrudes and utilizes specially designed interlocking joints to evenly distribute the weight of the roof along the entire span of the walls. Winnebago uses a specially designed interlocking joint to connect the floor, sidewalls, and roof to evenly distribute the weight, so the Journey “empty shell” is so strong it doesn’t need internal reinforcement.
5) E-Coat – An electrodeposition coating helps protect critical steel components from corrosion, inside and out of the Winnebago Journey. The E-coat Process cycles parts and assemblies through a 10-stage, full-immersion system. The E-Coat system is similar to that used by automotive companies and helps protect against corrosion.
6) Laser-Cut Tubing – Winnebago’s precision laser cutters create precise joints in structural steel that are stronger and require less welding than the competitors processes.
Winnebago utilizes more automotive manufacturing processes than any other manufacturer in the RV industry. In a Winnebago, you will find precision cut parts, assembled with purpose not just for aesthetics, but built to last. The Winnebago Superstructure design found in the Winnebago Journey is what keeps you safe and protects the integrity of your Journey so that it will continue to provide the experiences you enjoy for years to come.
Contact a Lichtsinn RV consultant today to find out more about the Winnebago Journey with the Winnebago SuperStructure.
Experience the Best® at Lichtsinn RV, we have been recognized as the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America each year since 2015 by Winnebago Industries. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of Winnebago Industries in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.
Additional Posts You May Like: