In case you missed our LIVE Webcast, where RVDA Service Technician Ben, and our Service Directory Brian reviewed the Top Preventative Maintenance Items to get your RV ready for the Spring camping season, CLICK HERE to view the recorded webcast.
A summary of the items discussed is listed below:
TOP PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE ITEMS
- Inspect the roof seals and seams of your RV every 6 months. Voids in sealants can happen on all RVs and if left unchecked, can cause costly damage to your investment.
- Visual inspection is complementary
- SealTech inspection is a great way to detect issues the eye cannot identify
- Run your generator! Minimum of 2 hrs every month under load
- An Oil Change is recommended 20hrs initial, 6 month or 150 hrs after
- RV battery service at least once a year if not every 6 months
- We check chassis charging, coach charging, load test, clean, and top off batteries if needed
- Inspect/service all major appliances
- Aquahot service at least every 12 months
- Furnace, water heater, refrigerator, stove/oven, etc. should all be serviced/inspected at least every 12 months if not visually inspected before each trip
- Take care of your chassis
- Oil Change requirements are not only based on miles, but time
- Tire pressures (Nitrogen for your tires or Multi Seal can help maintain this)
- Transmission service 30K or 3yrs
- Rear axle 50k or 5yrs
- Coolant service 50k or 5yrs
- Fuel filters
- Protect the exterior
- Wash (on your own or we can do it with the LRV SPA)
- PROTECT service might be a good option to protect the inside and outside of your RV
- Slide and jack service
- Seals, mechanisms, fluid levels, etc.
- Keep all of your holding tanks clean
If you have any questions on these or any other service items, or would like to schedule a service appointment please call the Lichtsinn RV Service Department. M-F 7:30a-5:30p at 1-800-343-6255.
Additional Posts you may like:
Commonly Needed Items for Your RV
Tips for Extending the Life of Your Tires