Camper Vans, otherwise known as Class B Vans, continue to take the RV market by storm bringing a number of newcomers to the RV market and making many seasoned RVers rethink the way the want to travel.
In the sea of Camper Vans it’s hard to know where to begin. An important factor in determining which Camper Van is right for you, is determining how you plan on using the RV. Will you be plugged into shore power most of the time, or do you plan on going off-grid so you need more power included in your van itself? The Winnebago Class B lineup includes the Winnebago Travato and Winnebago Solis gas models and the Winnebago Era, Winnebago Boldt and Winnebago Revel diesel models.
We will review the details of what powers each Winnebago Camper Van model below:
The Winnebago Solis is designed so that you and your family can take any adventure on. The 4-season Winnebago Solis features a classic rooftop extension (59P | 59PX) expanding your sleeping space and putting you closer to the stars. The Solis is designed to go off-grid and stay fueled. To do so it includes the following power features:
- Solar – The Solis 59P | 59PX floorplans include a flexible 220-watt solar panel that is fitted to the top of the pop-top roof. If you do not have the pop-top a 170-watt solar panel is fitted to the roof for a sleek and unique look. The solar controller on the Solis can handle up to 450-watts.
- Generator – The Solis 59PX floorplan includes the Cummins Onan QG 2800i gas generator.
- Batteries – The Winnebago Solis includes (2) deep-cycle Group 31 AGM maintenance free batteries.
- Inverter – n/a
The 4-Season Winnebago Travato includes streamlined features designed to keep you traveling even when the elements and the road are less than forgiving. The Travato includes energy and fuel-efficient systems making the most of the Travato’s ample power. The Travato is available in (2) floorplans, each available with or without lithium power. See the Travato’s power features below:
- Solar – The Winnebago Travato is equipped with a 215-watt solar panel and solar charge controller with junction box and plugs so that additional solar panels can be easily added. The 59K | 59G floorplans allow you to add up to 450-watts of solar power and in the lithium-powered 59KL | 59GL floorplans you can add up to 600-watts.
- Generator – The Winnebago Travato 59K | 59G floorplans include the Cummins Onan QG 2800i gas generator.
- Batteries – The Winnebago Travato 59K | 59G floorplans include (2) deep-cycle Group 31 AGM and maintenance-free batteries.The Travato 59KL | 59GL floorplans feature the 3-module Lithium-Ion Pure3 Advanced Energy System which uses lithium batteries. This System uses safe and dependable automotive-grade technology to provide you more than 9,000 usable watt-hours of power. Or you may choose to add the 4-module energy pack, which then provides over 12,000 usable watt-hours. The 59KL | 59GL floorplans features a second dedicated alternator powered by the chassis engine to charge the batteries.
- Inverter – The Winnebago Travato 59K | 59G floorplans include a 1,000-watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter. The Winnebago Travato 59KL | 59GL floorplans feature a 3,600-watt inverter.
The Era is an innovative diesel-powered Camper Van with premium styling and on or off-road capabilities. The 4-Season Winnebago Era is available with optional 4WD. The Era is designed to be reliable and powerful. See the Era’s power features below:
- Solar – The Winnebago Era is equipped with a 200-watt solar panel and controller that can handle a maximum of 450-watts.
- Generator – The Winnebago Era includes the Cummins Onan QG 2500-watt gas generator.
- Batteries – The Winnebago Era includes (2) deep-cycle Group 31 AGM and maintenance-free batteries.
- Inverter – The Winnebago Era includes a 1,000-watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.
The Winnebago Boldt is the perfect blend of innovation and comfort. The 4-Season Winnebago Boldt is available with optional 4WD. The Boldt boasts ample storage and spacious floorplans. This energy and fuel-efficient diesel-powered Camper Van has adventure in its DNA. See the Boldt’s power features below:
- Solar – The Winnebago Boldt is equipped with (2) 115-watt solar panels and a solar controller and a junction box and plug so that additional portable panels can be easily added up to 600-watts total.
- Generator – n/a
- Batteries – Enjoy over 12,000 usable watt-hours of clean, quiet power with the Boldt’s 4-module energy pack lithium-based Pure3 Advanced Energy System.
- Inverter – The Winnebago Boldt features a 3,600-watt inverter.
The Winnebago Revel is a diesel-powered RV that was built with a function-fueled design. With safety and performance at the forefront of the Revel, the Revel opens up a world of possibilities with off-grid capabilities and 4-Season comfort. The Revel is powered by the reliability of 3-liter turbo diesel engine and the freedom of on-demand 4WD. See the Revel’s additional power features below:
- Solar – The Revel is equipped with a (2) solar panels, (1) 115-watt and (1) 100-watt, providing 215-watts of solar power. The solar controller on a Revel can handle up to a maximum of 450-watts.
- Generator – n/a
- Batteries – Stay off-grid longer and more comfortably with the Revel’s 320 amp-hour LiFePO4 battery providing up to 4,133 watt-hours. The Revel includes a dedicated second alternator to charge the Lithium System. You can expand the power in the Revel by adding an additional Lichtsinn RV installed 320 amp-hour battery increasing your total watt-hours to 8,266.
- Inverter- The Winnebago Revel features a 2,000-watt inverter.
As you can see, the Winnebago Camper Van lineup is varied from the Gas Powered Travato and Solis, to the optional 4WD Diesel Powered Winnebago Era and Winnebago Boldt, to the standard 4WD Diesel Winnebago Revel. The different power features found in each will help to ensure you find the Winnebago Class B perfect for your camping and power needs. Contact a Lichtsinn RV consultant today to find out more about Winnebago Class B Campervans for Sale.
Experience the Best® at Lichtsinn RV, we have been recognized as the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America each year since 2015 by Winnebago Industries. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of Winnebago Industries in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.
Additional Posts You May Like: