Combining the efficiency of a camper van and the capacity of a Class C coach, the EKKO takes the phrase “big things in small packages” to a whole new level. Blending the off-road rugged nomadic nature of van life with the storage and livability of traditional touring class motor homes, the all -new, all-season Winnebago EKKO provides unmatched off-grid and all-season capabilities. Its standard all-wheel-drive capability goes where other motorhomes can’t, yet with its van size, is easy to drive and easy to park.
The EKKO foundation begins with the fuel efficient, safety enhanced Ford Transit chassis. This chassis provides 3.5L direct fuel injection, a dual turbocharged Ford EcoBoost V6 engine, 400 lb ft of torque or power and 310 hp of acceleration. The Ford Transit Chassis includes a 10-speed automatic Selectshift transmission with overdrive and grade braking. The EKKO’s standard on-demand AWD engages when it detects slippage and sends torque or power the wheels that need them and doesn’t when it’s not needed to improve fuel economy. The EKKO includes a second under-the-hood alternator to recharge the lithium battery/batteries in under 2 hours. The EKKO has independent front suspension and electric power assisted steering. The EKKO has Up to 1,500 lb occupant and cargo carrying capacity.
The Winnebago EKKO Ford Chassis Includes the following Safety Enhancements:
- Blind Spot Alert – This feature can help detect and alert you to vehicles in your blind spot and can detect traffic behind you when you’re slowly backing out of a parking spot or driveway.
- Lane Keep Assist – Lane Keep Assist helps you by scanning the lane markings ahead on both sides of your vehicle and alerts you when you cross over a marking.
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning – This system uses sensors in the front of your RV to detect slower vehicles traveling in the same direction, and warns you if you are rapidly approaching. When traffic ahead slows down, you automatically do too. When traffic picks back up, you can resume your preset speed and distance.
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) – The feature uses camera technology to detect a potential collision with a vehicle or pedestrian directly in front of you during day or nighttime driving. If an impact becomes imminent and you do not take corrective action, the brakes apply automatically. This system can help reduce the severity of, and in some cases can eliminate, a frontal collision.
- Post-Collision Braking – This technology moderately applies the brakes after a crash so the RV stops rolling and avoids a potential second accident.
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC) – This is Ford’s premium electronic stability system that improves vehicle control on all driving surfaces, including snow, ice, gravel, rain-covered roads, and dry pavement. This system monitors the yaw and roll rates, helping you maintain control whenever it detects wheel slip, understeer, oversteer or roll motion.
- Automatic Rain Sensing Wipers – These wipers spring into action when they detect moisture on your windshield and then adjust their speed to deal with whatever the weather throws at you.
- Side Wind Stabilization – This system works by carefully applying the brakes on one side of the RV to reduce the effect of a side wind gust on the RV’s path.
- Hill Side Assist – This system holds your EKKO stationary for two seconds using brake pressure, giving you more time to find the right amount of revs and clutch to pull away, and once you apply pressure to the accelerator pedal, the brakes will automatically disengage.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights – This driver-activated system scans the road at speeds above 25 miles per hour. When you are on a very dark road with no traffic, the high beams come on. However, when a vehicle with its headlamps on is approaching up to 2,000 feet or traveling ahead of you with taillamps visible up to 500 feet, the system will dim to low beams to reduce glare and avoid hindering the other motorist.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) – This System will alert you if any tire on your EKKO is underinflated.
- Dual Front and Safety Canopy Side Curtain Airbags – In addition to the driver and passenger airbags the EKKO includes side-curtain airbags that deploy downward and outward toward the side-window openings to protect the heads of front passengers. Roll-fold technology helps the airbag slide between the glass and occupant as the airbag inflates.
- SecuriLock Anti-Theft System with Engine Immobilizer – This system is designed to prevent the engine from starting unless the correct coded key is used. The electronically encoded ignition key activates a specially designed transponder located inside your EKKO. The system disarms whenever the correct key is inserted into the ignition and automatically rearms when it’s removed.
Experience the Best® at Lichtsinn RV, the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America for the last six consecutive years. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of Winnebago Industries in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.
Posts You May Like: