Some people use their RV all year while others have to store their RV for winter .
If you’re planning on storing your RV for the winter months, we have some important RV tips to make sure your RV stays protected.
You will want to make sure the following steps are completed before you store your RV:
- Make sure you defrost the freezer/refrigerator and clean the refrigerator. Make sure the doors are left open and place some baking soda in the refrigerator to prevent odors.
- Make sure all LP gas appliances are off and make sure the LP tank is turned to off.
- If storing it outside, shut all blinds to prevent the sun from fading the carpet, drapes and upholstery.
- Remove any dry cell batteries from devices like smoke alarms, clocks, and CO2 detectors.
- Clean the A/C filter.
- Clean the awning fabric and let it completely dry.
- Use a lubricant to service all locks and hinges in the RV.
These are just a few helpful tips for storing your RV in the winter. Are there other things you do before you store your RV for winter? Let us know in the comments section!