Recently, we covered the Winnebago Travato 59GL and 59KL with the Pure3 Energy Management System in our live interactive webcast. We collected the top questions we received in that webcast. You can WATCH OUR WEBCAST HERE on the Winnebago Travato 59GL and 59KL. We also covered the 2019 model year changes in the 59G and 59K and introduced the Pure3 Energy Management System in a webcast earlier this year – WATCH IT HERE.
What is the difference in operation between the Pure3 system vs. the Coachmen lithium system?
The Pure3 system is considerably easier to operate – it is a one button operation that is run off one inverter. The coachmen has several different gauges to operate the system. Read our blog post on the Pure3 Energy Management vs. the Coachmen Galleria lithium system here.
Does the inverter need to be on to run 12-V appliances in the Travato 59KL and 59GL?
No the inverter does not need to be on. The inverter is only required to be on when you are wanting to power 120-volt electronics, like the air conditioner, without shore power.
How do you charge the Pure3 System in the Travato 59KL and 59GL?
- Underhood generator – The Pure3 Energy Pack can also be charged through the underhood generator or second alternator. The Travato’s dedicated 58-volt alternator is twice as powerful as the competitors. Its compact design keeps it out of the way of curbs and road debris. It also allows you to completely recharge your battery in approximately 1.4 hours allowing you to get back on the road and off-the-grid.
- Shoreline – Like other RVs, the Pure3 Energy Pack can be charged off shoreline power or when it is hooked up to power at a campsite. However, unlike most other RVs, the Travato 59KL and 59GL are equipped with a 3600-watt pure sine wave inverter bringing 30 amps of power wherever you go.
- Solar Package – The Pure3 Energy Pack can be charged by the solar power system. The Travato 59KL and 59GL’s MPPT solar controller provides best-in-class solar absorption, up to 30% better than competitors, giving you more off-the-grid performance. The Travato comes standard with 200-watts with ports to plug in additional panels.
What mode charges the Travato 59KL and 59GL the fastest?
The underhood generator. The Travato’s dedicated 58-volt alternator, or under hood generator, is twice as powerful as competitors. Its compact design keeps it out of the way of curbs and road debris and the auto-start and high-idle control significantly extends air conditioner run time.
How long can you run the AC off the Pure3?
6-8 hours if you are running several systems like the refrigerator and the Truma Combi at the same time.
What are the considerations for cold weather operation?
The lithium battery pack is in a sealed and insulated compartment. Temperatures in the compartment are regulated by the interior temperature of the motorhome. A good rule of thumb is that if you as the coach owner are comfortable inside, so is your Pure3 lithium pack. The Travato’s Volta Power Systems Pure3 Lithium Energy Pack is sealed in a battery compartment that is heated and cooled with an environmental fan:
- Fan will turn on at 59°F (Heat Mode) or 110°F (Cool Mode).
- Fan will turn off at 68°F (Heat Mode) or 90°F (Cool Mode).
The Pure3 pack is discharged as required by the load and should only be used around the following conditions:
- High Temperature Limit: 135°F
- Low Temperature Limit: -4°F.
What is the lifespan of the batteries?
The expected useful life of the batteries is 10 years and they are covered by an industry-leading 8 year warranty.
Is the vehicle a true 4 season RV?
Yes. The water lines are inside the coach along with the battery pack that is insulated and heated by the Truma Combi Eco Plus advanced climate control system providing coach heat and quick hot water recovery with LP and electrical heating using 1,750 watts of heating elements
Has Winnebago road tested the Travato 59KL and 59GL?
Absolutely. There is an employee at Winnebago that has put on over 10,000 miles and has yet to charge the system with shore power. Winnebago also tested the location of the underhood generator to ensure users don’t have issues with ground clearance causing damage to the underhood generator.
Currently, Lichtsinn RV has in-stock 2019 Travato 59K, 59G, 59KL and 59GL models. You can see our Travato inventory here.
For more information on this product, please call 1-800-343-6255 and speak with one of our Winnebago Factory Trained Sales Consultants.
Lichtsinn RV, America’s closest dealer to Winnebago Industries, has been named Top North American Winnebago Dealer by Winnebago Industries for the last four consecutive years. We proudly sell New RVs manufactured by Winnebago Industries as well as Used RVs.
Posts You May Like: