Fire extinguisher manufacturer Kidde released a recall on two styles of Kidde fire extinguishers: Plastic handle fire extinguishers and Plastic push-button fire extinguishers found in some RVs and boats. This Recall does not include Kidde Professional or Badger branded fire extinguishers. Units with metal handles/valve assemblies are not included in the recall.
Please follow these steps to figure out whether you have an affected model or not:
- View the following links to determine if you have an affected model:
- Plastic handle fire extinguishers: Open to view the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide
- Push-Button Fire Extinguishers: Open to view the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide
- If you believe that you may have an affected model, before continuing, also use the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (link above) to locate and collect your Model Number, Serial Number, and Date Code (if applicable). The Date Code is a 10-digit number printed on the side of your fire extinguisher, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture, and these five numbers are what you will need to proceed.
- When you are ready to proceed, click on the link below to determine if your Fire Extinguisher is part of this Recall.
- If you believe that you have an affected extinguisher installed in a motor vehicle (or RV) or are a motor vehicle (or RV) dealer, please select your unit from the list below. To complete the replacement process, you will need to have the VIN number of your vehicle. If you have additional questions, please call the Lichtsinn RV service department at 800-343-6255.