Fire extinguisher manufacturer Kidde released a recall on two styles of Kidde fire extinguishers: Plastic handle fire extinguishers and Plastic push-button fire extinguishers found in some RVs and boats. This Recall does not include Kidde Professional or Badger branded fire extinguishers. Units with metal handles/valve assemblies are not included in the recall.
WATCH OUR VIDEO ON THE KIDDE FIRE EXTINGUISHER RECALL HERE.
Please follow these steps to figure out whether you have an affected model or not:
- View the following links to determine if you have an affected model:
- If you believe that you may have an affected model, before continuing, also use the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (link above) to locate and collect your Model Number, Serial Number, and Date Code (if applicable). The Date Code is a 10-digit number printed on the side of your fire extinguisher, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture, and these five numbers are what you will need to proceed.
- When you are ready to proceed, click on the link below to determine if your Fire Extinguisher is part of this Recall.
- If you believe that you have an affected extinguisher installed in a motor vehicle (or RV) or are a motor vehicle (or RV) dealer, please select your unit from the list below. To complete the replacement process, you will need to have the VIN number of your vehicle. If you have additional questions, please call the Lichtsinn RV service department at 800-343-6255.
Properly preparing your vehicle for storage will lessen the possibility of damage to your vehicle and ensure you are ready to hit the road when warm weather returns. Prepare your motor home for vacancy just as you would if you were leaving your house for an extended period of time.
An Overview of RV Winterization Includes:
- Dumping the Tanks
- Winterize the Plumbing System including: adding antifreeze to each sink trap, toilet, tub and shower drain.
- Drain the Water Heater
- Circulate the air keeping one or more roof vents partially open so air can circulate.
- Dry the air if humid with a dehumidifier or other air drying product.
- Preserve the Batteries – charge, disconnect and then remove.
- Ensure your Tires are properly inflated and park on dry surface if possible.
- Wash RV Exterior and inspect the exterior for any areas that might need to be sealed.
- Ensure to keep the fuel fresh.
- Cover the openings of the water heater and refrigerator compartments with RV screens to keep out pests.
We have several videos in our video library that cover winterization of various Winnebago products in more detail. Se the videos below:
How to Winterize a Winnebago Revel 4×4
How to Winterize a Winnebago Travato 59K
How to Winterize a Winnebago Travato 59G
How to Winterize a Winnebago Era
How to Winterize a Class C Motorhome
How to Winterize a Class A Motorhome
If winterizing your own RV seems like a daunting task, or you have some questions once you begin, Lichtsinn RV’s service department can do it for you! We offer winterization services and more by our RVDA/RVIA certifiend and factory trained technicians. Please call our RV service department at 1-800-343-6255 for more information or visit LichtsinnRV.com/rv-service.