When it comes to freedom and flexibility motorhomes offer the ultimate experience. Ranging from the larger Class A motorhome to the compact Class B camper vans, to the Class C, all motorhomes are RVs that take transportation and living quarters and roll them into one comfortable experience. With something for everyone, motorhomes range from compact and space saving models to luxury buses that can all pull a family car in tow.
Class A Motorhome –
A Class A Motorhome is like a large luxury bus for you to call your very own. The largest of RV motorhomes, they are constructed on a specially designed chassis and powered by either gas or diesel engines. Many Class A motorhomes have multiple slide-out sections that open up the living and/or sleeping space and come equipped with features to make you feel at home like full kitchens, full bathrooms, entertainment centers and centrally controlled heating and air conditioning. Class A motorhomes have a semi-truck style windshield and a higher profile ranging from 12′ to 13’3″ in height.
Quick Facts –
- Cost – $168,000 – $415,000 (Base Price)
- Sleeping – Up to 8 People (Dependent on floorplan)
- Length – 35’ – 40’
Why Choose This Type of RV?
The Class A motorhome is perfect for long-term family road trippers. From an easy to maintain entry level Class A, to luxury Class A coaches, there are plenty of options with this RV type. 4 to 5 people can sleep comfortably in these models and can stretch out like they’re in the family room of a house. The Class A contains all the amenities that make you feel at home including a large refrigerator and freezer, ample storage space, and often even an outside entertainment or tailgate center. To further your comfort while traveling many Class A models may have the option to add a washer/dryer, an in-drawer dishwasher, fireplace and more.
Features of this RV –
- Spacious and well equipped: Even the basic models are well-appointed and roomy. Many have additional living space outdoors that may include an exterior entertainment center or exterior tailgate/kitchen area.
- Slide-out rooms: Most all Class A RVs include a one or more slide-out rooms that extend the RV’s exterior wall outward at the touch of a button, to enlarge the living, dining, kitchen area and/or sleeping area.
- Smooth and stable ride: No special license is required to drive a Class A Motorhome.
- A small vehicle can be towed: Class A RVs allow you the ability to bring your car along for daytrips once the motorhome is parked. You can also tow a trailer to carry your boat or golf cart.
Winnebago Class A Motorhomes include the gas powered Winnebago Adventurer and the Winnebago Vista and Sunstar. Winnebago Class A Diesel Motorhomes include the Winnebago Journey and the Winnebago Forza.
Class C Motorhomes
With its distinctive cab-over bunk, the Class C motorhome can be easily taken on many RV adventures and owners often say it is easy to drive with it’s van-like front windshield. Class C Motorhomes look like nothing else on the market and are built on a commercial cut-away van chassis. The Class C RVs have all the amenities of a Class A motorhome but in a smaller package. Class C RVs are available on both gas and diesel chassis. The Class C profile is lower than the class A counterparts, with an exterior height ranging from 10’6″ to 11′.
Quick Facts –
- Cost – $116,000 – 180,000 (Base Price)
- Sleeping – Up to 8 People (Dependent on Floorplan)
- Length – 23’ to 33′
Why Choose this Type of RV?
With a truck-like profile, the Class C is perfect for both a family or a large group to spread out on road trips for long-term traveling. Gas or diesel models are available, and they can typically sleep 4-8 people comfortably.
Features of this RV –
- Ample living space: Equipped with full sleeping, kitchen, dining and bathroom facilities as well as entertainment systems and plenty of storage.
- Extra sleeping bunk: Over the cab area can be used as a sleeping area or for additional storage.
- A small vehicle can be towed: You can tow a trailer behind your Class C for a boat, ATV, snowmobile or for any other gear or tow a small family car.
- Slide-out Rooms: Offers extra room for living or sleeping areas by moving the RV’s exterior wall outward at the push of a button. This will allow for additional RV width so you can move more freely and easily around the coach.
Class B Motorhomes
Also called camper vans or conversion vans, Class B motorhomes are an engineering marvel! Kitchens, wet baths with toilets and showers included and sleeping up to four people; all in a slightly stretched full-size van with a raised roof. A Class B Motorhome is easy to drive, fits in a standard parking space, is easy on fuel with gas mileage ranging from 16-22 MPG dependent on model, and can be used as a second vehicle. Class B Camper Van RVs are available in gas and diesel chassis. They are just 9′-10′ in height, so a much lower profile than the Class A or Class C RVs.
Quick Facts –
- Cost – $100,000 – $226,000 (Base Price)
- Sleeping – Up to 4 People (Dependent on Floorplan)
- Length – 18’ to 24’
Why Choose this RV –
The Class B motorhome is easy to pack and drives just like a large van. However, this isn’t your normal van. A Class B Camper Van includes a kitchen, typically a wet bath with toilet and shower and a sleeping area. With an elevated roof, the Class B fits everything you need in a small package. These Camper Vans sleeps up to 4 people comfortably and are perfect for the spontaneous adventurer in the great outdoors or the city. Many Class B’s are equipped to go off-road and off-grid and provide for an extended camping season, some even allow for 4-season camping.
- Easy to drive, easy to load: Small size means these RVs are easy to move around town, and can fit in regular parking spots.
- All conveniences of home: Sleeping, dining and cooking facilities.
- Useful for towing: Tow a boat, a snowmobile, a small family car or even a camping trailer with your Class B Camper Van.
- Full stand-up room: Thanks to the raised roof and sometimes…dropped floors.
- Fully winterized versions: Includes a higher BTU furnace, heated tanks, upgraded insulation and double-glazed windows for winter adventures.
Contact a Lichtsinn RV Sales consultant today to help you find the perfect RV for your needs!
Experience the Best® at Lichtsinn RV, the #1 Winnebago Dealer in North America for the last six consecutive years. Lichtsinn RV is located 1 mile north of Winnebago Industries in Forest City, IA and we proudly sell new Winnebago motorhomes and pre-owned RVs from various manufacturers. While at Lichtsinn RV, you can expect no delivery miles on new RVs, a complimentary half-day educational orientation of your RV, excellent guest reviews, an assigned support team from sales, parts, service and the business office, superior accommodations, no-hassle pricing and competitive financing. See our extensive new and used inventory here.
Posts You May Like: