In the spirit of March Madness, we at Lichtsinn RV will be comparing various Winnebago motorhome models. Our next March Motorhome Madness blog series is the Winnebago Adventurer vs. the Forza.
The Winnebago Adventurer is back, packed with user-friendly features and more value than ever before. The Adventurer’s five family-friendly floorplans offer plenty of living space and ample storage, whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or the adventure of a lifetime. The gas-powered Adventurer is loaded with features and amenities typically reserved for diesel pushers including full-body paint with chrome mirrors, Corian countertops in the galley, Primera-covered furnishings, Versa driver’s seat, MCD solar/blackout roller shades, and much more. If you prefer a gas coach but want diesel-level amenities at a terrific value, the new Adventurer is built for you!
27N – Live large in this 27-footer, thanks to three slideouts, walkaround queen bed, available powered StudioLoft bed and large pass-through exterior storage compartment.
30T – This triple slideout floorplan features a spacious lounge with plenty of seating, including a sofa/bed, swivel cab seats and your choice of dinettes or a dining table and chairs.
33C – With furniture options ranging from a recliner to the available Rest Easy sofa, the 33C makes you feel at home.
35F – A private master suite, extendable sofa with fireplace, guest bath and available washer/dryer combo make this the perfect coach for families or for couples who like a little extra room.
36Z – Three slideouts and an open floorplan welcome you with many of our most desirable amenities, including a bedroom HDTV, fireplace, and residential refrigerator/freezer.
|Exterior Storage3 (cu. ft.)||123||118||130||137||122.2|
|Awning Length – Front/Rear||19′||19′||19′||16′||26′|
|Freshwater Tank Capacity4 (gal.)||64||78||64||74||93|
|Water Heater Capacity (gal.)||6||6||10||6||10|
|Holding Tank Capacity – Black/Gray4 (gal.)||43/53||41/42||39/60||41/51 & 21/51*||33/41 & 47/44*|
|LP Capacity5 (gal.)||18||18||18||18||18|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.)||80||80||80||80||80|
|GAWR – Front (lbs.)||7,000||7,000||8,000||8,000||8,000|
|GAWR – Rear (lbs.)||12,000||12,000||15,000||15,000||15,000|
Accessibly priced and loaded with features, the Winnebago Forza is ideal for couples or families looking to step up to the diesel pusher lifestyle. Each of the four expansive floorplans comes with elegant touches like a residential refrigerator, Corian galley countertops, walkaround queen bed, Primera upholstered Versa swivel cab seats, and an available StudioLoft™ bed for added sleeping flexibility. Designed to take full advantage of Freightliner’s 340-hp XCS chassis, the Forza delivers a smooth and well-mannered ride while providing up to 228 cubic feet of exterior storage, so you’ve got plenty of room for all the toys. If you’re looking for diesel performance, space, and refinement while keeping a close eye on the bottom line, take a closer look at the Winnebago Forza.
34T – Dual slideouts, a mid-coach bath, RestEasy Loveseat and BenchMark Dinette make the 34T perfect for couples or small families.
36G – Triple slideouts, lots of interior storage, elegant and spacious living areas highlight the versatile 36G floorplan.
38F – Comfort comes in many forms in the 38F. Choose from a queen or king walkaround bed, enjoy a double sink in the master bathroom, and relax on the TrueComfort+ Sofa.
38W – Two full baths, the bunk bed/wardrobe system, a private master suite, and large living spaces make the 38W ideal for larger families or anyone who enjoys a little extra elbow room.
|Exterior Storage (cu. ft.)||153||222||228||228|
|Freshwater Tank Capacity (gal.)||84||84||100||100|
|Water Heater Capacity (gal.)||10||10||10||10|
|Holding Tank Capacity – Black/Gray (gal.)||48/54||48/44||35/49(A)/51(B)||49/48(A)/51(B)|
|LP Capacity (gal.)||23||23||23||23|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.)||90||90||90||90|
|GAWR – Front (lbs.)||10,410||10,410||10,410||10,410|
|GAWR – Rear (lbs.)||17,500||17,500||19,000||19,000|
The Winnebago Forza and Adventurer are frequently compared because the Adventurer is the top of the line Class A Gas and the Winnebago Forza is the entry-level diesel. So when our guests are debating between the two they are trying to identify whether they want to move up to the Class A diesel lineup.
Most guests will opt for a Class A diesel pusher for the following reasons:
- Increased torque or power, if needed. Our Winnebago and Itasca diesel pushers range in torque from 700 – 1,250 lbs ft of torque or power, compared to 457 in Ford Class A gasoline powered coaches
- Increased towing capacity beyond 5,000 lbs, if needed. Many of our diesel pushers will pull 10,000-15,000 lb
- Air ride suspension and air braking capability
- The quietness of the ride, which simply stems from the fact the on a Class A diesel pusher the engine is in the rear of the coach, nearly 30-40 feet behind the cabin area. However, Ford’s evolution of its five speed Torqshift transmission has allowed for shifting at lower RPM points, driving down engine howl compared to previous powertrains
- Resale value of a diesel pusher is typically stronger than in a Class A gasoline powered coach
Most guests will opt for a Class A gas motorhome for the following reasons:
- Price – Class A Diesel motorhomes are going to be more expensive than Class A Gas. The Winnebago Adventurer starts at $152,862 while the Forza starts at $251,033.
- Maintenance – Beyond purchase price, the overall maintenance and operating expense of a gas coach is also generally less expensive than that of a diesel. However, you may do less maintenance with a diesel pusher.
- Operating Costs – Cost of parts and service work is less in a Class A Gas vs. a Class A Diesel because the work is less complex and it can be more convenient to find service locations for a Ford versus a Freightliner or Cummins dealer.
- Fuel Considerations – the cost of diesel is generally higher than gasoline and the fuel economy is expected to be 7-10 with either the Class A Gas or Diesel.
Lichtsinn RV carries both the Winnebago Adventurer and Forza in various floorplans.
Lichtsinn RV, America’s closest dealer to Winnebago Industries, has been named Top North American Winnebago Dealer by Winnebago Industries for the last four consecutive years. We proudly sell New RVs manufactured by Winnebago Industries as well as Used RVs.
Blog Posts You May Like: