The perfect diesel-pusher experience begins starts with a solid base, and Winnebago’s exclusive Maxum Chassis provides the ultimate framework for an unsurpassed ride in a Class A Diesel motorhome. Winnebago’s engineers worked closely with Freightliner Custom Chassis – the proven leader in diesel motorhome chassis – to create the Maxum Chassis: a stronger, better performing chassis. The Maxum Chassis sets the standard for diesel-pusher chassis with its lowered-rail frame providing better handling, a smoother ride, and incredible strength. In fact, the Maxum Chassis is seven times stronger than a raised-rail chassis which minimizes chassis flex and twisting. To top it off, the Maxum Chassis’ lowered-rail design increases the basement storage height allowing for pass-thru storage with room for slideout trays.
In conjunction with the exclusive Maxum Chassis, Winnebago offers Freightliner Custom Chassis’ V-Ride single axle suspension rated at 24,000-lbs. Freightliner Custom Chassis V-Ride is designed for luxury motorhome owners who want the ability to carry more gear, the freedom to equip their interiors with premium amenities, and a comfortable, confident driving experience.
Benefits of FCCC V-Ride –
- Increased towing capacity
- Quik-Align® allows for easy axle alignment without the use of shims
- V-rod connection dissipates suspension forces, reducing stress for greater durability and longevity
- U-Shaped Assembly – The transverse beam integrated with the trailing arm form a single-piece U-shaped assembly – enhancing stability at all speeds
- Consistent Handling – The V-rod connection and U-shaped assembly design result in superior roll stability and more predictable handling in all road conditions, giving motorhome owners a confident driving experience
- Smooth Ride – Large volumetric air springs and premium Sachs shocks deliver the smoothest ride available in a motorhome
FCCC V-Ride vs. the Competition –
FCCC has the Best Class A Ride
- FCCC has a custom-built drive suspension by FCCC-engineering
- Competition has an off-the-shelf truck suspension with swiveling bushing
Stability for All
- FCCC suspensions are rated from 17,500 to 24,000 lbs. and designed exclusively for RV usage
- Competition uses a generic truck/bus axle configuration
- FCCC’s V-Ride is the only suspension that controls the weight of a top-heavy vehicle – giving control and confidence to the owner for the life of the coach.
- Competition is still using technology that FCCC stopped using in 1999.
All motorhomes built on the Freightliner Custom Chassis – including the Maxum Chassis – qualify for Winnebago’s Carefree Diesel Living warranty. This program extends the Winnebago warranty on our diesel pusher lineup — all built on Freightliner chassis — to an industry-leading 3 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Lichtsinn RV, America’s closest dealer to Winnebago Industries, has been named Top North American Winnebago Dealer by Winnebago Industries for the last four consecutive years. We proudly sell New RVs manufactured by Winnebago Industries as well as Used RVs.
Posts you may like: